Yes, recliner sofas can be easily taken apart for transport and storage. In fact, many people choose this type of sofa specifically because it can be dismantled without too much hassle.
If you’re moving house, for example, or simply want to rearrange your living room, taking your sofa apart is a great way to go about it. All you need is a screwdriver and around half an hour of your time.
Here are the simple steps:
- Remove the back cushions by unscrewing the screws at the top (or pulling out any Velcro tabs). You should now see two metal bars behind the fabric; these are what hold the sofa together.
- Unscrew each bar by turning them anti-clockwise with a screwdriver (or use pliers if they’re tight). You may find it helpful to place a cloth over each bar as you unscrew them in order to avoid scratching the finish.
- Once both bars have been removed, take off any remaining screws from around the edges of the seat and backrest cushions, then detach them from the frame of the sofa.
- Finally, remove all upholstery covers and store them safely away until required again – viola! Your recliner sofa can now fit into a package that’s easy enough to transport in your car boot or on public transport
Reasons why you might want to take apart your recliner
There are a few reasons why you might want to take apart your recliner. Maybe you’re moving and need to get it out of the way, or maybe it’s just time for a little bit of TLC.
No matter what your reason, here are four good reasons why taking apart your recliner is a good idea:
- It makes moving the chair much easier. If you need to move your recliner somewhere else in the house – or even across town – taking it apart will make the process much simpler.
- You want can clean every nook and cranny. Recliners can be notoriously difficult to clean, but when they’re taken apart everything is within reach.
- You want to fix common problems with the recliner. Whether it’s a broken spring or loose screws, taking your chair apart can often fix these issues without having to call in a professional technician.
- You want to upgrade certain parts of the chair. If one part of your recliner is starting to wear down, replacing it could be as simple as taking the old one off and putting on the new one!