During summer, you can get most of your tasks done if you have a lawnmower. Not only does it give you a break from the mundane task of cutting grass, but you can also save a little money by doing this yourself.
However, not all mowers are the same. So, if you want to get the best value for your money, then you need to know the basics of what to look for in a mower.
It is important to understand that a lot of mower makers have a reputation for making good products. If you search online, you can find a lot of information about companies that have a reputation for making great lawnmowers.
Buying Guide for Best Lawn Mower Under 200
If you want to buy a new lawnmower, it’s important to consider a couple of questions: How much do you need to spend? And, what features do you need?
While you might find an affordable model for under $200, you should be aware that such mowers typically have fewer features than more expensive models.
This article will help you find a mower that fits your needs while staying within a reasonable budget.
The following are some of the factors you need to consider when buying a lawnmower for under 200 dollars;
An important thing to consider is the terrain of the garden. Take a closer look at the lawn and determine whether it is flat or has difficulty navigating with hills and other types of obstacles.
Homeowners with small flat gardens can use push lawnmowers. If there is any difficulty in moving around with hills, self-propelled mowers are the best choice. The self-propelled mower uses the engine to power the wheels, so you don’t have to consume a lot of energy when pushing the lawn.
If there are ornaments, flower beds, lawns with locks, and fountains, homeowners can easily move by choosing a zero-turning radius lawnmower.
When powering the lawnmower, you can use natural gas or electricity. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages.
Compared with electric lawnmowers, natural gas lawn mowers produce more power. The gas lawn mower can last a long time until you finish trimming all the grass. But it also depends on the size of the lawn and the capacity of the lawnmower.
Another factor to consider about gas lawn mowers is that they may require a lot of maintenance compared to electric lawnmowers. Some gasoline lawn mowers need to be started manually using a drawstring. This may be difficult for the elderly, or hand movement may be restricted.
The cordless electric lawn mower is very easy to operate. The main disadvantage of cordless electric lawnmowers is that a single charge cannot last for a long time. The wired version can run for a long time as long as it is turned on, but the trailing cable behind can be a bit annoying.
Deck size is just the width of the mower blade. A larger deck on a lawnmower means a wider blade.
The mower deck size is typically 20 to 70 degrees or more. People like a larger deck because they can easily cut a large area of grass each round. This means that the cutting time is considerably reduced.
The larger deck mower is only suitable for flat lawns and lawns evenly. Gardens with decorative elements such as flower beds, rocks, and boulders are more difficult for larger lawnmowers. In this case, smaller deck mowers can be used because they can easily get around the obstacle.
The first thing to consider before buying the best lawn mower for your home is to check your lawn size. Experts say push lawn mowers are the best choice for those with less than half an acre of yard space.
Even a self-propelled lawn mower can be very tiring in the summer. All you have to do is sit down and move around on the lawn.
Today, lawnmowers have multiple functions and can cut grass in a number of different ways. Homeowners generally prefer to leave grass clippings on the lawn because they decompose and can even act as a fertilizer for the lawn.
But remember that if the grass is thick, it may not decompose easily and will need to be picked up and removed from the garden. A good mower is equipped with a bagging machine to help collect grass clippings during harvest.
Best Lawn Mower under 200 Reviews
Greenworks is a company with 40 years of experience in creating tools for outdoor living. The Greenworks 24V 13 Inch Lawn Mower is their top-of-the-line model with a cutting width of 13 inches and a powerful 24V motor.
It has high efficiency, low emission, 24 volts, brushless motor for increased fuel economy. The Greenworks 24V 13 Inch Lawn Mower has a durable steel design and weighs 50 pounds.
- Greenworks 24V lithium-ion battery can provide 20% of power and running time, and provide power without memory loss after charging.
- Fully charged 4Ah battery runs for up to 35 minutes. Running time varies with lawn conditions and operator skills.
- Lightweight, rust-proof 13-inch platform design, easy to maneuver. The two-in-one function provides rear bagging and shredding functions.
- The USB port on the battery can charge all portable electronic devices (including phones and tablets). Portable power station with USB battery (24000 mAh mobile power bank)
- Three years of tools/battery protect your investment.
- Parts are located in the battery compartment.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble.
- The machine is maneuverable and can mow on a slope.
- it starts easily with a push of a button
- The battery is easy to put in and out
- Cheap price tag
- Not suitable for large yards.
- The blade becomes dull after a month of use, you need to sharpen your blade frequently.
When replacing your lawnmower, you want to ensure you invest in a product that will be reliable and durable and help you stay on top of your lawn and garden chores. That’s why we’re taking a look at BLACK+DECKER’s BEMW472ES Electric Mower.
This mower is designed to provide you with a well-tended lawn and garden in a variety of conditions, and it features a host of helpful features that make it easy for you to use.
The mower is self-propelled, which means you won’t need to strain or push it as you mow, and the mower’s electric power makes it ideal for lawns of all.
- The Black+Decker bemw472bh 10 amp 15-inch electric mower with pivot control handle is a lightweight, easy-to-maneuver.
- lightweight corded electric mower – gasless 10 amp 15-inch electric mower for powering through rough grass
- The mower has pivot control handles, for tight turns and maximum control
- It has enhanced clipping collection, winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- It has a push-button start, no-hassle startup easy-to-use features
- The mower has 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
- it includes – (1) bemw472bh mower (1) collection bag
- The mower great for smaller lawns.
- The mower is easy to use it can be operated by all people.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The blade seems to have dulled to the point it rips the grass after only 5 mows.
- The bag does not hold grass, better use without the bag.
The Great States 415-16 16-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower is a nice quality push reel lawnmower. It is a basic mower with no batteries or gas required; all you have to do is push with your feet and you are good to go.
It has a 5 blade system which is great to ensure a better cut. It can be used on small to medium size yards, and is compact and portable, making it easy to store in your garage or shed.
- 16″ cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10″ composite wheels make using this manual hand push reel lawn mower easy
- •The push-disc manual mower has a fast adjustable 0.5″ -2.5″ cutting height, and it cuts evenly.
- The blade of the manual reel mower is made of high-quality heat-treated alloy steel, which can maintain a longer sharpness T-style handle with cushioned grip and lightweight design, it is very convenient when using a hand-held reel mower; simple, tool-free assembly
- A clean and quiet way to maintain your lawn; the Great States manual hand push rotary the lawn mower does not require gasoline or oil.
- It is light in weight, it weighs about 1kg.
- The mower is easy to assemble and use.
- The mower has a heat-treated alloy steel design.
- The Great States mechanical lawnmower gives you precise cutting action like a pair of scissors.
- It is much cheaper to buy and maintain compared to other mowers.
- Nice tool but you have to cut 2-3 times to make a perfect cut.
First, let us see why you should buy a BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower. This lawn mower is a great choice for you if you are looking for a self-propelled lawn mower, and want a reliable mower with multiple features.
You can use the lawn mower as a mulching mower, side discharge mower, bagger, or a rear bagger. One great thing about this lawn mower is that you can use it for a long period because it is super powerful.
- 3-in-1 tool easily converts from lawn mower to trimmer then to edger
- AFS automatic feeding system can ensure continuous work without knocks or stops. Ideal property size 750 square feet
- Power transmission device can prevent bogging. Cutting height: 1.6 2.4 inches
- Adjustable height table and trimmer with rotating handle. Charging time is 60% 2.5 hours
- Includes (2) batteries to extend run time
- Light in weight and easy to assemble.
- The mower is suitable in small yards.
- The battery stood up better than you will expect.
- Not suitable for use in large fields and in overgrown grass.
Now, if you’re more interested in a mower than a trimmer, you’ll be happy to know that we have reviewed the PowerSmart Lawn Mower, which is a great choice for both trimming and mowing.
With its cordless design, it is easy to use in tight spaces, while its high-quality build means it will give you years of service. Its 20V battery is powerful, yet light enough to easily lift into place, and lasts for a long time.
- The PowerSmart gasoline lawn mower contains a powerful four-stroke single-cylinder gasoline engine, which provides you with a powerful backup to clean higher and harder grass.
- Equipped with a forced-air cooling system to ensure the motor completes the work.
- The 21-inch steel cutting platform can provide a larger cutting area and has high durability, which can help you easily cut larger grass.
- •The lawn mower has a 5-position height adjustment function that allows you to change the height of the mowing.
- The 2-in-1 mulch and side discharge function allow you to spread the grass clippings to the side and return the main nutrients to the lawn, thus making the lawn healthy.
- The 8-inch rear wheel on this mower makes it easy to push. This labor-saving design can improve your work efficiency.
- Because of the folding handle design, the lawn mower can be quickly folded without the use of tools. It can be stored neatly after folding, saving space and keeping your store organized.
- The mower has a fuel tank capacity of 0.21 gallons, a fuel capacity of 16.9 fluid ounces, and a weight of 60 pounds.
- PowerSmart has always been committed to providing customers with great value at the most favorable price and the quality of the entire product line. The product is guaranteed for 3 years
- Easy assembly, easy to use adjustment.
- No vibrations in the hands while using it.
- It’s a lightweight mower with some plastic so the handle might break away from the base.
When it comes to buying a lawn mower, there is no shortage of options to consider. Even though a mower is a relatively simple machinery, there are dozens of brands and hundreds of models to choose from, all with different pros and cons.
The first thing to do is figure out what type of mower you want: gas or electric? Manual or self-propelled? And then you have to decide what features are important to you, from bagging capability to a push-button start.