A 200 feet garden hose is the ultimate way to keep your garden supplied with water. It is a great product for irrigation, gardening, and washing your car or backyard.
It is a great hose for use in the backyard and garden; it is durable enough to withstand rugged conditions without kinking or cracking, and is less prone to damage like mold and bacteria growth in the hose due to reduced surface contact area.
It is not easy to find the best 200 feet hose so we have reviewed some of the top brands and have found the best 200 ft garden hose on the market.
How to Store Your 200 Ft Hose
During winter, your hose may be stored outside, but when the temperatures start to rise, you may want to move your hose inside.
If you try to roll up your hose in the same way you roll it up during the winter, you may be frustrated when the hose ends up looking like a big, tangled mess.
To make storing your hose as easy as possible, follow these steps.
- Attach a hose nozzle to the end of the hose.
- Cut a long piece of rope that is at least twice as long as the length of the hose.
- Tie one end of the rope to the nozzle.
- Feed the hose through the other end of the rope.
Taking care of your garden horse
- When storing your horse avoid storing it under direct sunlight:
- If you find any leaks repair as soon as possible.
- The water should be cut from the spigot, don’t cut the water on the nozzle.
- Avoid dragging your hose by the spray nozzle.
- When you finish using the hose, please drain all the water out of it in time.
How to Clean Your Garden Hose
The following steps are followed when you clean your garden horse using vinegar,
- Fill a large container with water using a bucket.
- Using the bucket used in step one, pour about ½ of distilled white vinegar into the basin.
- Dip your garden hose into the resultant solution.
- Let the it stay in the solution for about 8-24 hours, this is to ensures that all bugs, germs and debris that might be in are soaked out.
- Take out your garden hose from the vinegar solution.
- Clean it with fresh running water for half an hour.
Buying Guide Best 200 Ft Garden Hose
While it’s tempting to work with what you’ve got, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the best for your money.
I will guide you look at the factors to consider before buying a garden hose, and help you find the perfect one for your needs.
Consider a garden horse with a longer hose, as this is better for movement around the yard, measure the farthest distance from your source and buy a hose that goes just beyond that.
If you go for one that’s too long, it may be heavy and hard to store, if you need an extensive length of hose than 50 feet, consider buying two hoses and joining them together when you need to go beyond 50 feet.
Rubber hoses and reinforced rubber hoses are usually heavy and durable. Vinyl and reinforced vinyl are pocket-friendly and easy to handle. Reinforced hoses can withstand temperature changes and are less likely to burst or kink. Plastic hoses are lightweight, flexible, and easy to store.
Garden hose strength can be examined in terms of “burst pressure” (the water pressure at which it is likely to rupture). If you’ll be using a hose nozzle or a sprinkler, look for a hose with a burst pressure above 350 psi. For pressure washer use, check your manual before buying a hose – you may need an even higher one.
The most important thing is to make sure you are getting a good quality hose
If you are going to buy a 200 ft garden hose, it is recommended to get a hose with brass connectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to prevent the hose from kinking?
To prevent bending, please keep it straight when not in use. To do this, stretch it along the path or edge of the lawn, and then roll the business end back to the tap. The hose can be stored in this way, instead of rolling it up and storing it on a hose reel
What is a hose kink?
What exactly is a kink and how did it happen, you may want to know? A garden hose bends when it is bent into a straight line or at a 90-degree angle, causing the hose to coil around the weakest part of the hose. Of course, this leads to a reduction or complete stop of the water flow in the garden hose.
How do you soften garden hoses?
Tried to immerse the end of the hose in hot water for a few minutes. This should make it softer and make it more flexible. Now that the hose has been repaired, it must be drained and kinked each time it is used to keep it in good condition. Straighten any kinks immediately, otherwise they will wrinkle the hose and cause it to crack.
Best 200 Ft Garden Hose Reviews
Buying your first 200 ft garden hose can be very confusing, especially with the vast amount of options available, so I made a list of the best 200 ft garden hose for you to choose from. I hope this helps you out!
This garden hose is flexible as it is expands up to 3 times its length. It is made with tough super rubber, which ensures that the hose does not roll back up when you are using it. It is also flexible, light and easy to store. The hose is also anti-burst. This is because it is made with a high grade rubber that is also puncture proof and abrasion proof. It is also leak proof. This is because the hose is made with air-injected technology. Additionally, it is UV resistant and BPA free.
- The garden hose is made of the highest quality materials, advanced technology, powerful, lightweight, flexible and durable
- After turning on the water pressure, the garden hose can be extended to 3 times its original length (extended from 66.7) to 444 feet), However, it can be quickly retracted to 66.7 feet after shutting off the water source.
- The innovative design of the water pipe has high-quality brass joints and pressure relief valves, advanced seals, excellent corrosion resistance
- It is very suitable for watering in the garden, cleaning the backyard, bathing pets, washing cars, etc.
- Super strong garden hose can withstand a water pressure of 12 bar and a temperature of up to 113°F.
- Offer 1 year warranty.
- 7.09 pounds
- The hose will never kink, twist, leak, burst or get tangled up while in use.
- The hose is super durable and made with new anti-leak technology.
- The garden hose is very easy to move and store.
- It is flexible and easy to Handle.
- Difficult to coil neatly for storage
The Eley Drinking Water Safe Polyurethane Garden Hose is one of the most reliable hoses on the market, and that’s because it’s made of 100% polyurethane.
In this review I will go over a few of its features and advantages that make it stand out against other garden hoses.
- Full Flow, Crush Proof, Lead-Free Brass Fittings
- Extreme all-weather flexibility makes it easy to maneuver around trees, bushes or other obstacles
- Flexible hybrid polymer material allows the hose to lay flat with no memory
- Lighter than traditional garden hoses making Flexible easier to carry, life and maneuver around the yard
- 6.83 pounds
- Easy to coil and store
- Extremely all weather conditions
- The super strong flexible hybrid polymer material is abrasion-resistant and comes with crush-resistant aluminum fittings.
- Not rated for high water pressure
If you were to ask any outdoor expert what the best garden hose is, you would get a simple answer: the contractor’s Choice 3/4 x 200 ft Premium Black Rubber Garden Hose.
There are cheaper models out there, to be sure, but consider the old adage “you get what you pay for.” This garden hose is built to last, with a heavy duty reinforced rubber shell.
It will flex and bend with ease, but never kinks or twists. It is easy to use and easy to store, and the contractor’s Choice 3/4 x 200 ft Premium Black Rubber Garden Hose will last you for years to come.
- This 3/4 x 200 ft hose can handle temperatures of -40 degrees up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit without getting brittle or unmanageable Contractors grade
- It has crush-proof brass ends
- Great for commercial and residential use
- The advantage over other hoses is that it can handle hot water without getting soft or breaking apart.
- It weighs 120 lbs.
- The garden hose is easy to use.
- It is light weight.
- It is expensive.
No doubt you already know that there is no one-size-fits-all solution to finding the best 200 ft garden hose.
Each gardener has individual preferences and needs, like whether they want a hose reel or simply a super-sturdy hose that will not kink easily. And whether you’re looking for a hose that will last for years or a hose that’s an affordable option, you can find it if you do enough research.